Lora L. Howell has been a member of the Florida Bar since 2007 and has focused her practice in the areas of Family Law, Foreclosure Litigation, and Civil Litigation.
"You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing you think you cannot do."Eleanor Roosevelt
Lora was born and raised in Mooresville, Indiana. She earned her Bachelor of Arts Degree in Political Science from Indiana University in 1994. She graduated on the Dean’s List and was a member of the Political Science Honor Society, Pi Sigma Alpha. She was the recipient of a Rotary Foundation Scholarship where she studied abroad at Pontificia Universidad Catolica del Ecuador en la facultad de Jurisprudencia. She earned her Juris Doctor Degree from Florida State University College of Law where she was a member of the Jessup Moot Court Team and the Women’s Law Symposium President.
Lora is currently active in several professional organizations as well as community groups.
- COMPLETED B.A. POLITICAL SCIENCE
Indiana University, Bloomington, IN; Dean’s List
- EARNED J.D.
Florida State University College of Law, Tallahassee, FL
- 2022 Florida Association For Women Lawyers “Leader in the Law” award
- Florida Bar Association
- Sarasota County Bar Association
- Manatee County Bar Association
- Judge John M. Scheb American Inn of Court
- Florida Association For Women Lawyers – Sarasota Chapter – Current President (Former Secretary, Treasurer and Vice-President)
- Florida Association For Women Lawyers – Manatee Chapter
- Leadership Manatee Alumni Association
- Florida State Alumni Association
- Church of Hope Small Group Leader
- Lakewood Ranch Business Alliance